I have 283 days to do. So where am I on my goals?
TO DO GOALS
- I totally forgot to sign up for the MEC Race Series so I think I’ll ditch it and find other events
- Sign up for Army 1/2 marathon or 10km (Sunday, September 17)
- Sign up for Fall Colours 10km (Sunday, October 8)
- Audition for at least two more things. With all the extra appointments, I need to cut back on my expectations. If I can audition for one more thing, I’ll be happy.
- Get new passports for husband and myself (spring 2017)
- Find 10 things to do that bring more fun/joy to my life.
- Start writing my second book.
- I just got a therapist to help work out issues that have developed in the last two years.
- Decided to stop taking Paxil (for anxiety) so have a doctor to wean me from it
- Just signed up for an 8-week pilot project at work that’s called Meditation for Leaders. Goals for the program are:
- 1. Commit to 8 weeks
2. 5-minute meditation every day
3. write down 5 things I’m grateful for daily
- 1. Commit to 8 weeks
ON TARGET GOALS
- Training for Race Weekend (group did 16 km on Sunday).
- Limit alcohol (which I do anyway) but maintain.
- Go back to mainly protein & vegetables.
- Neurofeedback once/week.
- Balance my gut this year (getting full blood workup, endoscopy).
- Singing (fun goal) Go to all lessons and jams. (not perfect, but doing better).
- Go to four additional jams around the city (other than The Music Factory). I’ll be at Irene’s Pub at the end of the month.
- Sing at the jams like I don’t care if I crack or forget lyrics (Sheer joy!).
- Save 15-20,000 for a big trip in 2-3 years (taking adventures!).
- Finish my office with beach theme (doing a bit every week).
- Take a beach vacation in 2018 with my husband.
- Take two local vacations in the next 3 years with my husband.
- Write a Do-Over Project blog post (once per week, but often twice a week).
- Eating few or no sweets.
- Regular workout routine established: still struggling to do what I’ve always loved.
- Rock climbing: trying to find a place for it in my schedule.
- NEW 100 queries by the end of the year.
- By the end of this year, I want an agent.
TOTAL F*ING FAILURES!!!
- Weight loss (I’ve been really struggling with this because I’m tired all the time. I’m guessing that when I get my gut issue sorted out weight loss and exercise will be more consistent)
I keep track of the following in a journal every day:
- INCONSISTENT Fitness
- MOSTLY CONSISTENT Healthy eating
- ON TARGET Positive Facebook post: AT LEAST once a day
- INCONSISTENT I am great at:
- MOSTLY CONSISTENT Do something differently
- MOSTLY CONSISTENT find something that brings me joy
- INCONSISTENT Do a drawing prompt
- CONSISTENT reading a daily positive message
I’ve achieved the following:
- Get knee fixed
- Sign up for Ottawa Race Weekend 10 km (Changed to walking the 1/2 marathon
- Set up RRSP
- Start a travel fund
- Go to bank for a travel rewards card
- DON’T cancel my cardiologist specialist (heart issue ruled out).