Well, I’m coming close to five months in on the Do-Over Project. This blog is an update of my goals set at the end of January.
This may not seem relevant to you, since they’re MY goals, but perhaps this can stand as a reminder of the goals you set at the beginning of the year. Have you looked at them since?
Or, maybe you have been working on your goals, but you think they should all be accomplished by now! I feel that way sometimes. It can be really frustrating to not see progress fast enough (or as fast as we think we should see it).
For me, some changes have already taken place, others are progressing slowly and some aren’t even started. I think I’m pretty average so have a look to see where my goals are. If you are struggling, know that you are not alone. As long as we continue to work on ourselves, we can’t go wrong!
- YES! Get knee fixed (miniscus tear). In good working order!
- YES! Sign up for Ottawa Race Weekend 10 km (May 27). Because of above injury I couldn’t run the 10km so I walked the 1/2 Marathon!!!!!
- NO BUT YES! up for MEC Races. Forgot so I signed up for Army 1/2 Marathon (Sept 7)
- NO! Sign up for Fall Colours 10km (Sunday, October 8). Not yet.
- PARTLY! Workout: GOAL (need one). Doing 30-day work out routines I find online. I can do way better.
- PARTLY! Rock climbing: Didn’t start indoor rock climbing in Dec 2016 because of knee. It’s been sporadic. I went today so that’s something!
- NO! A climbing goal. I want to do an outdoor climbing trip but I haven’t been in the gym so I’m not ready. Maybe fall?
- NO! I wanted to be 135 lbs by the Ottawa Race Weekend (Saturday, May 27). I’ve lost 5. Not good enough.
- PARTLY! Get back to regular good eating habits. Still eating bits of sugar. Would like to cut it out completely.
- YES! Little or no white bread. None but I’d I’ve had whole grain which also doesn’t feel great in my tummy. Like to ditch this too!
- YES! Limit alcohol (which I do anyway) but maintain.
- YES! Go back to mainly protein and vegetables, which makes me feel good.
- YES! Continue habit of Vitamin C
- YES! Continue habit of Omega 3-6-9
- YES! add: Magnesium (500 mg?)
- YES! Start pro/prebiotics (10 million)
- YES! Continue Neurofeedback once/week, but begin training other areas of the brain. We’re about to do another mini-map to see where else I can try.
- YES! BONUS POINTS: I started biofeedback too!
- YES! DON’T cancel my cardiologist specialist. Got a clean bill of health!
- PARTLY! Balance my gut this year! All tests done. Go for results on Monday. See what followup I need to do.
- PARTLY! Find 10 things do that bring more fun/joy to my life.
- Spa day with my mom (May 25). massage, back scrub, pedi!!
- Charity event with bands playing all night (June 2)
- Planning a hiking trip for our wedding anniversary (July 20)
- One other local (4-hr drive or less) vacation in the next 3 years with my husband
- Planning a hiking trip with the girls (September some time)
- Need to work harder at this
- PARTLY! Singing: find the joy in singing again. I’m getting there but still work to do.
- Go to all lessons and jams. I’ve missed some of both. Legitimate reasons but still missed. AND,
- Sing at the jams like I don’t care if I crack or forget. Sheer joy!) Getting there
- PARTLY! Audition for at least two more things (musical, revue, band, something!). Decided to ditch this in favour of doing more jams.
- PARTLY! Go to four additional jams around the city (other than The Music Factory). Gone to 1.
- YES! Joy Journal. Most days doing it, but still not there.
- YES! Drawing Prompts. Doing this regularly, but not EVERY day.
- PARTLY! My Book: An agent this year. To send 100 queries by year end. Had fallen off the wagon, but I’m back on it.
- YES! Blog: at first I wanted to blog daily but I realized it was too much so as long as I get 1 per week, I feel good. I have to give myself a thumbs up on this!
- YES! Adventure: Go to my financial planner to save for adventure.
- YES! Set up RRSP for stability but also a travel account to start March 15
- PARTLY! Save 15-20,000 for a big trip in 2-3 years. Workin’ on it.
- PARTLY! Take a beach vacation in 2018 with my husband. On track.
- NO! Get new passports for husband in myself (spring 2017).Not yet. GET TO IT!
- YES! Go to bank for a travel rewards card.
- MOSTLY! Finish my office in beach theme. Almost there! It’s so pretty!
There are goals that I added along the way:
- YES! Meditation for leadership: 8-week course. No skipping a class. commit to 5 minutes of meditation per day. TOTAL success!
- PARTLY! New therapist to work through grief and other issues developed in the last two years. 9 more weeks. Haven’t missed any.
- PARTLY! Decided to stop taking Paxil (for anxiety) so have a doctor to wean me from it. I’ve got from 40 mg to 10 mg, so I’m getting there.
- YES! write down 5 things I’m grateful for daily. Most days I’m successful.
- STARTING! Starting a meditation program with my husband (one hour per night for 8 weeks)
If you haven’t looked at your goals lately, what are you waiting for? Don’t be scared, just do it!